No comments? NPR’s decision highlights difficulties in evaluating news engagement, Media Impact Funders.
Towards a Pedagogy of Fair Use for Multimedia Composition, Copy(write): Intellectual Property in the Writing Classroom.
5 Great Media Literacy Programs and How to Assess Their Impact, PBS MediaShift.
Public Media Experiments Show Promise, Need to Involve Public, PBS MediaShift.
Is There a Master Metric for Evaluating Public Media? PBS MediaShift.
Why Youth Media Projects Should Link Up with Public Media, PBS MediaShift.
10 Projects that Help Citizens Become Government Watchdogs, PBS MediaShift.
Using Copyright and Fair Use, Youth Media Reporter.
Youth Participation and Media Literacy on The-N.com, Studies in Media & Information Literacy Education.
Strategy 2030: Wikipedia’s role in shaping the future of the information Commons, Dot Connector Studio for Wikimedia Foundation.
Harnessing Documentaries for Social Change, Dot Connector Studio for Culture Lab.
Refining New Forms of Community Engagement, Dot Connector Studio for National Black Programming Consortium.
Media and Information Literacy Integration at Mark Day School, Media Education Lab.
Refining New Forms of Community Engagement, Dot Connector Studio.
Program Evaluation: PBS Student Reporting Labs, Media Education Lab.
Research on Journalism and Public Media, Center for Social Media.
Funder Perspectives: Assessing Media Investments, Media Impact Funders.
Spoiler Alert! How Progressives Will Break Through with Pop Culture, Tracy Van Slyke.
Social Justice Documentary: Designing for Impact, Center for Social Media.
Investing in Impact, Center for Social Media.
Spreading the Zing, Center for Social Media.
Scan and Analysis of Best Practices in Digital Journalism In and Outside U.S. Public Broadcasting, Center for Social Media.
Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Literacy Education, Media Education Lab.
The Cost of Copyright Confusion for Media Literacy, Media Education Lab.
Justice for My Sister: Educational and outreach materials for the award-winning film Justice for My Sister.
Real Boy: Study guide for documentary film Real Boy (forthcoming).
Youth and Gender Media Project: Curricula for four short films addressing youth and gender.
Pushing Back: Media literacy substance abuse prevention curriculum for high school students.
The Media Straight Up!: Media literacy substance abuse prevention curricula for middle school students.
Access, Analyze, Act: A Blueprint for Civic Engagement: Civic engagement curriculum for K-12.
Teaching about Copyright and Fair Use for Media Literacy Education: Copyright and fair use curriculum for high school and university students; included the production of four short videos.
Empowering Girls through Media and the Arts: Media literacy and body image curriculum for tween girls.
Blog Posts [selected]
- The 2017 Media Impact Festival honorees: Where are they now?, Media Impact Funders
- New Year, New Impact Resolutions, Media Impact Funders.
- A year-end message from the TV News Archive, Internet Archive.
- Ten engaging ways educators can use the Political TV Ad Archive, Internet Archive.
- Notable New Media Books, Center for Social Media.
- Public Media Corps Publishes Toolkit of Community Engagement Models, Center for Social Media.
- City Voices, City Visions Uses Digital Video Production to Promote Learning, Center for Social Media.
- Digital and Media Literacy Book Review: Spaceheadz, Center for Social Media.
- Common Sense Media Employs Comprehensive Evaluation Strategy for Digital Citizenship Curriculum, Center for Social Media.
- Holocaust Museum Repackages Multimedia Propaganda Exhibit for Media Literacy Educators, Center for Social Media.
- FTC’s Admongo Promotes Surface-Level Advertising Literacy, Center for Social Media.
- PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Lab Program Ready to Expand, Center for Social Media.
- Special Public Media 2.0 Showcase on Digital and Media Literacy, Center for Social Media.
- The Networked Nonprofit Connects Social Media and Social Change, Center for Social Media.
- A Conversation with Internews Interactive’s Evelyn Messinger, Center for Social Media.
- Dan Gillmor’s Mediactive Provides a Clear Overview for New Media Participants, Center for Social Media.
- CPB-Funded Local Journalism Centers Grow in Fits and Starts, Center for Social Media.
- New Book Goes Behind the Scenes at Youth Radio, Center for Social Media.
- The Intersection of Media Literacy and Public Media 2.0, Center for Social Media.